Thursday, April 7, 2011

WOW!!!!

So WOW what a great day!! So the weather here has been kinda crazy! While it has stayed in the high 70s it has been rainy and stormy But the good news is tomorrow is suppose to be the last day of this!! Below are some pictures from yesterday!



Here are some of the bigger waves because of the storm blowing in! I love how they turn this beautiful blue when they get big!

Here's a picture up towards the mountain as the storm moved in. We were on the beach... needless to say... we didn't stay long lol

The sun tried to peak through, but it just couldn't hold out against this storm!
But the beach was still beautiful even though it was starting to storm!
I decided I needed a pedi so I rubbed my feet around in the dirt alittle. Now all i needed was my toe nail polish and a cute guy with a steady hand! and I'd be all set =)

(from the movie "what A Girl Wants ) after the beach we came back up to the condo and just chilled and I was in bed NICE AND EARLY!! Mom had booked us a dolphin swim and we had to be down to the pick up spot by 8:15 so i knew bed early was a priority! Although I was kinda nervous about how the swim would go since the weather was so crappy...

when we woke up our fears about the day got a little stronger.. there was not ONE surfer out in out this morning!! Not ONE on either spot that we can see from the Lani!! Normally they get there at like 430 and there are about 5-10 by the time I wake up around8! there is a saying around here "i the locals aren't in the water, then you shouldn't be either!" When we got to the pick up spot the nice guy said it was still on.. so we jumped in the van and off we went!

I'm really sad I didn't catch a picture of the boat and it's crew... Maybe we'll just have to go again lol But I did pull a picture of it off their website!! lol So here's the boat. There were only 12 people on board so it was a nice size group. =)

So we headed out and on out way they made sure to show us some things that were kinda cool to see. The picture below is of one of the points on the big island and then in the distance you can see Maui! it's crazy how close the islands are.
Then here is a picture of one of the mountains on the big island. Behind it you will see a TINY strip that is another mountain that has snow on it!! Sorry I don't remember their names =( but everyone was so excited because there was snow on it!! I was thinking up.. I just came from Utah where there is a foot of snow... where are the dolphins lol
So how this works is the captain drives around the island looking for pods, or groups, of dolphins. when he spots them he speeds down the side of them and turns the boat right in front of where they are headed and says SWIM! lol so all of us in the boat jump out with our snorkel gear on and the dolphins swim right to us! It crazy! and the next thing you know they are all around you!!! im not even kidding you there were at least 200 dolphins in this pod! amazing!! So once they all swam past we would jump in the boat, cruse across the ocean to catch up with them and do it all over again!! it was awesome! but it is SUCH A WORKOUT lol those little buggers swim fast!! and you always want to get as close as possible lol so you swim swim swim and then they are gone. then they are on the other side so you swim swim swim and they are gone lol but it is so much fun ha ha So after we did this 2 or so times the captain said we were going to drive up north and go to this spot where they see manarays each day and it has some AWESOME snorkeling! so we drive up there and the two boys that were the crew members, two of the guys on the boat, and me jump in the water to see these manarays! so we are looking around, and the snorkeling was AWESOME it reminded me alot of this place called 2 step that we really like that is deep deep water with big reefs, some arches and reef canyons. so so cool. BUT there were NO MANARAYS!!!! I was so bummed cause I didn't go on the Manaray swim last time we were here! After snorkeling for a min I went back to the boat and they guy was like "what did you do to the manarays?! I've been here every day for 3 months and never not seen one?!" I was so bummed lol what are the odds!! But o well guess that means I need to do a manaray dive lol

Since we were so far north the captain said we had to do surfing cause you don't come this far north on a day like today with big waves and not surf.... SO here is a picture of one of the waves. It may not look big, but I promise they were!!

So the captain circled around crashing into some big waves cheering away, having a great time till we caught a good one! It was lots of fun! It totally brought me back to my child hood growing up in Idaho going out on the boat all summer with my dad! He would always do things like this... Hitting big waves that made the boat drop and crash against the water! My mom Bridget would screech. "Marky!!" and my dad would yell "YEEEHAAAA!!! That was a good one!" With a big childish grin on his face! I loved our days and weekends out on the boat!! and that moment surfing the waves definitely brought me back to those moments in my child hood!

Alright so after we caught the wave we drove back down to the bay where we had last swam with the dolphins. and there were still there. So we decided to jump in again! before we did I snapped this picture of my mom! She stayed on the boat and watched the dolphins from there cause she didn't feel up to chasing them around the ocean lol
My mom is pretty awesome!! she brought me out here for this amazing trip to Hawaii and we have been having a blast! I really do love her!! She has worked so hard over the last few years to build her Scentsy business to where it is today and definitely deserves some nice time to her self to relax, and she brought me along!! I am so blessed and thankful for her!! =)


So not only is she great for bring me to this amazing Island, she caught some awesome pictures of me swimming with the dolphins!! right when I jumped into the water back at the bay I saw some swimming right towards me! so I kicked my little flippers as fast as I could and got to swim right along with 4 dolphins for like 15-20ft! I was like I was the 5th dolphin lol it was amazing!!


So here is me literally like a ft away from this dolphin! Then here I am again with the same ones just swimming along!! It was amazing!! I could have reached right over and grabbed onto them!! of course i didn't cause its not like these were trained dolphins in a pool lol these were REAL WIDE SPINNER DOLPHINS!! love it!!



So after I lost those speedy buggers me and the others swam around waiting for the next pod. May more came and it was AWESOME!
After about 30min of chasing them around we got in the boat for some snacks and to head back, another huge pod came swimming up so i tried to catch some video of them =)




Pretty cool huh!! and to think we were swimming with all those dolphins and many many more!!!


So the boat came back to port and we headed back to the car so we could go grab lunch cause I was starving! We also had to swing by the animal shelter cause my mom misses her puppy mattie so much she thought it would help! =)

Once we had eaten and huge out at the condo for a bit to get some Scentsy work done, we headed down town to get our evening walk in and go to the farms market =) YUMMY!!


We got some Mangos, butter lettuce, tomatoes, red potatoes, cucumber, an avocado, and these mountain apples that taste like a mix between an apple and a pear!!! Yummy yummy!! what I love about it is that it's all locally grown and organic!! love it!

After we shopped we went for a walk down Ali'i drive to the King Kamehameha Hotel. This hotel is right on the ocean and had TONS of water damage after the Tsunami that hit due to the earth quake and tsunami that hit in Japan. It was crazy to see how much damage was done! they have already fixed many things and it is open to guests, but still it's crazy!

On our way back to the car on our walk we passed this HUGE tree! I mean there are lots of them but i decided to take a picture of this one!! I can only imagine how long it has been there!!


After our walk we came back to the condo and just chilled i answered more emails.. played on facebook and watched this AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL sun set!! Its so crazy how fast the sun goes down and the amazing photos that can be taken that are so different in a matter of minutes!! The storm clouds made it extra amazing!!



As soon as the sun set my mom walked out with dinner! I just love her!!! She takes such good care of me!! I thought it looked so good I snapped a picture lol! Not sure if it looks good to you or not lol! Everything was from the farmers market except the chicken =)


So after I finsihed eating, I go inside to my mom (who was watching American idol!) and said, 'thanks mom! it was so good! I just love that it's all healthy, fresh and organic!"


She says with a little smile on her face, "ya, so organic I found a Caterpillar in out lettuce!" I just looked at her like, are you kidding me!? you tell me this after i had just eaten all that!!


Of course once I thought about it I just giggled lol cause if you know my mom she is a freak about washing every part of any veggie or fruit! even those from home that are not organic lol but still for a moment it freaked me out that she found a bug in my dinner lmao!


But any who it was an amazing day here on the big island!! I look forward to the day when many of you get to join us for another trip or see pictures of the trips you get to take here!!


Sorry it was so long tonight! I told me mom that we weren't allowed to do some much in a day anymore cause it makes for some long posts ;)


but until next time, keep Livin' Out Loud! Hugs Kallie

No comments:

Post a Comment