Tuesday, April 5, 2011

To Post Or Not To Post???

Well.. Sorry I didn't post yesterday... Wish I could say I had an excuse... I really didn't.. Other than the fact that I was kinda ornery lol Believe it or not I still have those types of days in Hawaii.


So something I never really mentioned about this trip was that it's kinda one of those feel better trips..Since my mom has been feeling so crappy we figured we would come to Hawaii where for one it's just easier to breath, and two it's easier to exercise... So our plan has been to walk 2 times a day, Morning and Night, and then snorkel at least once a day.


So we are not perfect on this schedule yet lol but we are working on it. lol so Monday morning we got up and went for a walk.. One this about Hawaii is you can step out your door and their is beauty! and it makes you want to keep walking so that you can find something more beautiful!! So we were walking along, and we saw THIS!!!


NOW THAT IS ONE BIG A SPIDER!! The creepy thing is they are everywhere!! So note to self, don't walk into bushes or under trees without checking to make sure it's GIANT web is in my way!!


So after our walk we came back to the condo to get some work done since it was Monday after all! Now... With this being your desk... why wouldn't you want to work?? I had no complaints!
After a few hours of work we decided to check out the Magic sands beach that was so busy over the weekend. I didn't take any pictures here but I will next time =) See the problem is if there are a lot of people I take the minimal amount of things down to the beach cause I'm afraid someone might snatch it while we are in the water.. But any who... there were still quite a few people down at Magic Sands, but we figured it wasn't going to get any less busy. So we grab our gear and SNORKELED!! It was a lot of fun!! the water was still a little choppy, but it made it more exciting. After a little while more got tired so we got out at headed back to the beach by our condo to chill. It has become our fav cause it's close to home and perfect!!! Other than that our day was pretty bland... Dinner at a sandwich place called Sun You Buns and then home... Today was a little more exciting. Well at least I thought so lol I woke up before mom and got quite a bit of work done. Which felt nice. As soon as mom to up we had to take care of some... legal work?? if that is what you would call it... We got a call Monday and conveniently my mom was called to jury duty on April 11th, and that was just not going to work for us being in Hawaii and all. Luckily they were good to work with and with just a few emails she was excused by the judge. It was funny cause one of our office managers called today (after it was taken care of) and said, "um Kallie... your mom has been called to jury duty on April 11th... and well she needs to take care of it cause it's $100 fine and well 3 days in Jail... Umm Not sure your mom could handle jail for five seconds... Um call me and let me know you got it taken care of. Thx" Tori is just too funny and sweet! she knows my mom more than most! She has worked in our BKNN and LipNotes office for as long as I can remember... so I'm thinking 12 years or so... And she definitely was right my mom couldn't handle a second in jail Lol so glad the judge was having a good day lol. After that was taken we took our Morning walk. Once again BEAUTIFUL! We walked down this drive way to a public shore access point and I saw this house and this View!! I decided that if my mom leaves me her Scentsy Business I will definitely help keep her dream alive and get me a house like this one!! I was absolutely in love with this house!! And then the picture below was the view that this house has! AMAZING!!! and definitely a must have in my book!! So after our amazing walk we came home had lunch and got ready to go to the beach!! CHEESE!!

I do have to say, with things being some what pricey on the Island we have tried to keep food costs reasonable. and so we have been eating top ramen stir fry almost daily lol! But I honestly think it is SO good! I mostly eat just chicken, so we have been taking our left overs from dinner or what not and adding them to a bag of stir fry veggies and a package of top ramen!! It's so so good! It you have never tried it, you definitely should! and it's so cheap like 5 bucks! Love it!


But anywho! So mom and I headed down to the beach to lay out and relax.


Here is my Momma looking at a Honu (turtle) just about 2 feet from her!!



I got up from my beach chair to take a picture, but all you can really see is his shell...



So i figured I'd take a pic for ya'll to see where we are staying. This is the condo building. All of them have an ocean front view.. they are privately owned and then rented out.. some people live in them year round, but not to many! I love this place! it is perfect for us =) and this picture is taken from our little spot on the beach =)

then... Here are the group of locals that hang out right next to our building. They are there just about all day!! this one old dude gets there around 4:30am and is the first surfer out on the water each morning. through out the day people come and people go, but it's the same locals each day. They also cook out there all day on this little charcoal grill. It all ways smells so good!! They are kinda different.. but always nice as we walk by to get to the little beach =)

SO after sitting there on the beach for a while and watching the Honu (turtle) I decided to see if I could get a better picture =) Can you see him??

May be now....?
Ok... Lets try a video =)



Well that was pretty cool!! RIGHT?!? So this is seriously what we watched for about 2 hours as we tanned.... or turned pink lol I love Hawaii cause the wild life is right at the tips of your fingers! YAY!!


So after laying out for a bit we decided we were hungry lol so we got dressed.. went for a ride around the mountain... and ended up at borders bookstore lol. They are closing so we wanted to see if they had any good books left. and they definitely did! I got six books and so did my mom. Two of them are dating books lol since we all know i;m single ha ha I'm considering a doing a completely blog on these cause they are kinda... journey books... not sure if i;m ready to be that open with the world about my dating life... but my mom thought it would be pretty interesting as do I... so we will see. Another one of the books is called "If.....2... 500 questions for the game of life" This one I think should make for some interesting posts and get me as well as others thinking!


So stay tune for more to come! And until next time... Keep Livin' Out Loud!


Hugs Kallie

No comments:

Post a Comment