Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Little Jet Lagged...

Alright... SO, who can complain about waking up and seeing this each morning!?!?!?! Not me!! completely breath taking!! But when I did wake up this morning I rolled over and my mom's bed was EMPTY!!! and MADE!!! I was like...."Mom...." No answer... I got up and she wasn't in the condo... and the worst part.. THE KEYS WERE GONE!!! for those of you that know my mom... she's doesn't drive!! and the thought of her driving... well lets just say it's enough to give a person a heart attack... as I stepped out on the Lani and saw the surfers i looked down the shoreline... and there was Ms. Becca.....
On her phone of course.. But who cares!! Just thank goodness she didn't drive any where!! LMAO! any ways I missed posting on Friday apr. 2nd because I was so tired!! the Jet lag was killing me!! Hence the reason I didn't hear anything this morning as my mom got ready and didn't budge as she tried to wake me, but I am now up and ready to tell you about our first day in Hawaii!!


We got up around 5:30Am to do the Saturday call which I won't lie, I was alittle distracted by the view and the waves, but it went good. The only thing is, the condo building is all cement, so we have NO SERVICE any where but the lani. but Once again I can't complain too much cause as I sat on the call... here's my view...

Not tooo shabby... Right??? so we did the call.. answered a few emails, and then got ready to head to the beach =)

Here's me.. Already to go =)

On our way out I was snapping some pictures of the view....

When we looked down right by the shore, here's what we found!!! A Honu!! (turtle in Hawaiian)
Here he is again sticking hit shell out of the water! I look this place!!! You really can't go wrong! Oh and I didn't leave the condo to see this!! it was just right there from the lani!!! (balcony)
So after seeing the Honu, we jumped into the car and drove down to the store to get some sandwich stuff for lunch. It's really crazy cause things here are so expensive!!! Gas is $4.50 a gallon... Sandwich meat that is $3 at home...$5.99 here.. I don't know how they do it, but the manage! and I'm glad they do! cause I love visiting!!


So after the store we jumped on the road and headed to the beach. Our destination for today... 49 Black Sands Beach! It's one of our favs!! it's about 45min to get there, and the reason being... THE SPEED LIMITS HERE ARE SLOW!! No one is in a hurry so the fastest speed limit is like 55!!! And you can't speed cause the cops drive their personal cars.. So you never know if the car on the side is broken down, or a cop... No fun for me cause I have a lead foot.


So after checking in with the security guard we parked and got out stuff to snorkel. =)

Here's a pic of the plumeria's on the walk down! BEAUTIFUL!!

As you walk down the short trail, here is the view as you peek through the trees =)
And then... it opens up and you see the beautiful ocean!!! I love snorkeling in between those rocks! lots of fun stuff!! although i see the occasional eel, and those buggers freak me right the heck out!!!
Here's another pic of the beach and view!
I don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't get a picture of us in our gear! My mom's is HILARIOUS!!! So Ill get one today when we go!! For those of you that down know, my mom has an auto immune disease(AS) so this is part of the reason we are here... she loves the water and wanted to get some more life force in her.. she's been pretty weak and sick lately.. this is why on march 10th we decided we were leaving to Hawaii on April 1st. So we snorkeled for about 45 min and she was pretty tired and cold.. and I for got her ear plugs.. so we called it quits for the day. She ran up to the Showers to take off her RIDICULOUS snorkel outfit and I chilled on the beach for a little while....

After I felt like I was getting alittle toasty I walked up and found here chilling by the tennis courts. =) Photo op!!!
We sat there for a min and a cute little kitty came to say hi!! It looked alot like my Meow Meow who is home with my Little Sister! Made me kinda miss Meow Meow... But O well we're in HAWAII! one thing about Hawaii is there are wild cats all over. and they are not friendly..
On our way back home we stopped at a scenic stop that looked over the ocean. You can't see them in this pic, but there were wind surfers all over out there it's cool to see their colorful sails jet across the ocean.
On our way home we stopped at the farmers market and got some fresh fruits and veggies =) when we got home we cut up the mango and pineapple to enjoy on the Lani before we took a nap.
We slept till almost six here in Hawaii which was a bummer cause by that time it was 10pm at home and everyone was asleep. We really are going to have to work on our timing so that we can get some work done while we are here lol.


So we made a few quick calls to Terry and Kourt at home as we watched the sun set from the Lani... Once again... Simple Breath Taking....

Then... we went to grab some dinner and go to the store. We stopped at walmart first and got a few things.. one of which was a memory foam topper for my mom cause the best are not the best here lol We asked a few people that worked there where we could find some good quick take out. They suggested L&L BBQ.... so thats where we went.. and it was right next the the grocery store.


So we ordered chicken dish that came with rice and salad. That is another thing I love about Hawaii. Even the fast food places here serve rice!! and it's good rice that is cooked perfectly!!! yummy! So we got our food and sat outside to eat.. It was ok.. probably wont go there again just cause well... they only use Thigh meat... I don;t really like thigh meet lol... so that place is out for the next three weeks lol


After dinner we went and got our groceries.. once again.. I can't believe how EXPENSIVE stuff is.. I mean I understand why, but still it's mind boggling to me..


one thing we pick up there was my third favorite thing to eat while in Hawaii!!! Haupia!!

This stuff is AMAZING!! I think mom and I ate like half the container when we got home lol!! SO much for loosing weight while we're here lol At this point if I HAD to go home, i could and be happy lol I've enjoyed 99% of the things i love about Hawaii! Although, I will be here till April 25th =) so stay tuned for more from Hawaii!


Hugs Kallie

No comments:

Post a Comment