Saturday, April 2, 2011

ALOOOOOHA!

Well.. ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA!! From the BEAUTIFUL island of Hawaii!!! I must say this is the most RELAXING night of blogging I have ever had... As I blog tonight I am in our condo that we have rented for a month that is right on the ocean.. I have all the doors and windows open and i;m just listening to the waves roll in and out... In and out... Needless to say.. I'm loving it.. Oh and by the way, bare with my on this post, It's kinda lengthy, but it has a funny ending I promise =) Alright lets get to the good stuff!! This morning started WAAAAY to earlier! Work at 5:30am in Vegas to get ready to fly to Hawaii. I all ways get anxiety when I fly ex specially with BECCA!! For those of you that have traveled with her or you;ve seen her travel you know what im talking about! we normally get to the airport just in time to RUN through everything and get stopped 5 or 6 times at security and that is AFTER we have unloaded everything from our carry on's lol. Last time it was a damn can opener lol! The other thing that causes me anxiety when I fly is my bag weighing TOO much!! this time I did weigh it before I left the house and it was 47.5lbs. and after that I only added a few things lol.... So Mom and I grab a taxi from our hotel to LAS Airport....15 mins later than I hoped... But i was still ok lol on the way we talked Scentsy to the cab driver, gave him a Scent Circle, two lipbalms, and a catalog. We went for our no... and got a yes!! Well kinda.. he's going to pass it on to his daughter, But the day was just getting started, so no worries. So we make it to the airport and go to the little check in stand. I got mom all checked in, but when I went to check me in a hit the wrong button and told them I didn't have any bags to check!! OPPS! So I go over to the lady and she fixes it for me.. and we headed to security =) The airport was fairly empty this morning, thank goodness! So we tool our time taking out all our liquids and items. I came across my HUGE back of scentsylipbalms/business cards. I asked the nice lady if they counted as liquids.. she says no so I leave them in my bag. but I grabbed one for her =) I asked her if she could except it... but she couldn't... So I got my first NO lol so when my bag passed through the scanner they lady just giggled.. "that's alota Lipbalms..." them comes my mom's bag.... The lady behind the scanner," You seriously have MORE lipbalms....???" lol My mom responded, well of course... we'd hate to run out!! So for the first time EVER My mom and I made it through security and to our gate with break fast 45min EARLY!! MIRACLE!!! I totally have to give mom props on this trip this is the lightest I have ever seen her pack in my life!!! Any who.. We had so much time we even took a picture while we waited =)
CHEESE!!!
Alright. So we boarded our flight from Vegas to Honolulu, Hawaii.. this was the long one, but thanks to the tail wind it only took just over six hours =) YAY!! and it was a BIG BIG plane!! Like the ones I've only seen in the movies, with 3 aisles!! lol Last time I flew over it was with American Airlines and this year it was Hawaiian Air=) I must add, while on the plan I watched unstoppable, and it was REALLY good!! Soooooo about six hours later we landed in Honolulu. We ran to the restroom and while in there... Mom got someone that lives here on the Big Island to say they wanted to have a Scentsy party =) YAY So from where we landed we caught a little shuttle to a Different part of the airport to catch our connection flights to Kona. THIS IS WHERE IT STARTS GETTING GOOD lol So when we booked our flights, we used our capitalone miles.. but we booked out tickets at different times.. so I was able to get our flights from vegas together... but wasn't able to get the ones from Honolulu to kona together, so mom and I went out separate ways.. (bare with me on the details lol it makes the story) SO my flight with Island Air was to leave at 1:30 and mom stayed on Hawaiian air and was to leave at 2:30. So we went our separate ways she finished eating some lunch while I went to find my gate. Although I was starting to think that island air didn't pay their rent for terminal space lol cause I walked and walked and non of the main signs had my gate #... they all ended at 65 but my gate was 74-78... I would RANDOMLY see these posters that would tell me which way my gate was, but it was WAY weird.. but I followed them any ways.. I finally get to the end of all these halls and escalators, and don't see my gate # so i ask the lady..."am I in the right place??" giggle... then she says"yes just have a seat and a island air agent will come get you in a min... so I have a seat.. My mom calls and says.."hey.. did you find you gate??" "I think so...but mom it's kinda weird.." she goes.. "oh your fine, but ummmm I started talking to some people and they said that since you were changing flights you needed to get your bags from baggage claim and re check them into Island Air...." I was like "WHAT" Now let me remind you I had ridden a shuttle and walked a little ways there was NO WAY i could go back, get my bag, check it, go through security, and make it back to meet the agent that would walk me to my gate in 15 min.. So i go to the airport lady at the desk and tell her what my mom told me... she says"ohhh... Yea,... do you want to run and get your bag??' i was like " your joking right... there is no way I will make my flight...can't you check in the computer and see where my bag is going..??" "No...." she says "you'll have to aks your agent.." With I sitting there laughing to my self, because I realized when I messed up in vegas and I didn't mark that I had a bag, I didn't get a baggage claim receipt from the lady when she fixed it for me.. So i couldn't even check to see where it said their final destination was... So the agent comes I go over to the door, and as everyone lines up i ask him about my bag.. he says, "ohh... yea.... do you want to run and get it..??" I'm thinking WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?! but I nicely said"wont i miss my flight if I do that???" He says "well... yea... When we get over to the Island air terminal ask the help desk..." Now I was starting to find this funny cause I;m like how hard is it to pull it up on the computer lol but o well.. As we stepped out side to walk to the other terminal it started to rain.. I LOVE the Hawaiian rain!! It's light and fresh!! SO when we got to the terminal it was like 1:25 and I ran to the help desk and told them the story.. the guy just looked at me .. I asked him what to do he said "call Hawaiian Airlines baggage services and tell them what happened, ask them to put it on their next flight to Kona." I was like "well ok.. my mom's flight leaves at 2 so ill ask them to put it on there.... do you have their number???" her looks at me...."noooo...." just laughed and walked away.. At this point I was so grateful for modern technology!! I jumped on my phone, googled the airline baggage services to only find a # for the baggage disputes depart. So I called them, and they were like seriously lady!! But the gal did help and told me "don't shouldn't worry..that she saw my bag was checked all the way to Kona and that she had me connecting on Island air flight 104." I was like Thank goodness!! All this stress for nothing!!! Oh and to add to it, I'm finishing this conversation as I'm walking across the jet way to board my flight! ( In Hawaii alot of the jet ways are out doors so I got to enjoy the nice rain again =)) As I approached the plane... the anxiety set in again... and I was taken back to a scene from one of my all time fav movies...Six Days, Seven Nights.... If you haven't seen it.. you definitely should!! but it was the part where she's getting ready to board the plane for the first time!! If you click the word link it'll take you to the youtube clip.. it's exactly 5min into the clip!! LOVE it!! Any ways, so i'm looking at this plane thinking.. hmmm ok... so as I get on board I take the pictures below..
here is the well... wing and landing gear right out side my window... that little flap

rattled and rattled...

Here is the like engines... lol the only planes I've ever

flown in have the big enclosed motors. lol

and here is the all 8 rows of seats in the plane lol my carry one bag... I had to put my rolling suit case under the seat in front of me because the over head compartments were too small to fit them...

So lol as we took off and everything started shacking and rattling i went back to the Six Days, Seven Nights movie AGAIN!! click link... (time into video 1 min 15 secs) Love IT even more!! Lol As I was freaking out lol I realized my mom had my Anxiety perscription cause she was carrying my purse since I have one too many carry ons!! CRAP lol! No it wasn't that bad, but I still found the situation quite amusing and it made me want watch the movie =)


Before I move on click link to see my another one of my fav parts of the movie =) 4 Min 15 Sec into the clip =) till well... the end of the the clip LMAO!!!

So as I stepped off the plane in kona I took a DEEP breath of the hawaiian air and my home for the next 3 1/2 wks =) and then.... my phone rang... the peaceful moment was broken lol it was my mom saying she had landed and was in terminal B getting her bags. I was in terminal A and told her as soon as I got my bag I would walk over her way so we could get the rental car.


So the bags loaded onto the carasell... and once all 10 people on the flight got their bags lol... mine wasn't there.... OMG!!! So I walked over to the lady and said my bag didnt make it... she looked at me... "are you sure" Ring Ring.. it was my mom again. I tol d the lady "Yes I am sure!" as I answered the phone and said " Mom... Can you just relax for 5 seconds! I told you I would be down to get you as soon as I got my bag which didnt make it one my plane!" In her sweet. calm, motherly voice she said, "Kallie.... I have your bag.. It's with me.. As I watch a very Familiar bag go round and round with no one to claim it I finally checked... and it has your name on it.. "


"Oh... Yay!! Ill be right down mom =) thank you " Then I turned to the airport lady and said I found my bag =) it's in the other terminal with my mom!"


Then she started asking my all these questions and so I told her the whole story.. she gave me an odd look and with a hmmm just turned away...


SO off I went to the other terminal. Got my mom, Hoped on a shuttle to enterpirse where the night driver gave me some EXCELLENT information!! In Hawaii cops drive their own personal cars!! so you never want to speed cause you might think it's someone broken down on the side of the road... but noooo it could be a cop! For those of you that know me.. Speed limits are not my thing! so we'll see how it goes... So I got our car from the rental store and we headed towards Kona... where we got stuck in Island traffic....(pic below)

But to be honest... I didnt mind much.. We were in HAWAII for hell sakes!! and when we looked to the right... we saw.... That's right.. the Ocean!! I loved it!! so with the windows down and the ocean breeze blowing through we jammed to music and enjoyed the traffic!! So our first stop was..... Just guess... ROSS!!!!! Yes their are Ross's in Hawaii!! and we love them!! So we went to ross shopped a little.. Then Sports Authority to get snorkle gear and flip flops =) next stop... WALMART!! Lol I was so excited for this one because I got two of my three fav things in Hawaii!! one was.... Love love love these!! I bought 4 bags!!! I can;t get them in the states, so I was so excited to get them!! My second fav is.... These rolls are SOO SOOO good!! It also comes in bread and makes REALLY good french toast =) yummy.. SO this is Guava bread, and it is .....
PINK!!! Yes that is right!! PINK!!!

Lol So needless to say once we got to the condo and got all settled in a ate WAY too many candies and rolls lol but Tomorrow we snorkle and I'll work it off lol!! Although tomorrow I WILL be finding my 3rd favorite thing on the islands... It's this AMAZING ice cream that is made in Maui..I think lol but you can only get it on the islands.. so I will find it!! my mom and I made sure we had plenty of Lactaid for the trip cause we knew we would consume ALOT of ice cream lol!1


Well this is the start of our hawaiian Scentsy Journey!! Hope I didn't bore you too much!! Stay tuned for more to come!!



No comments:

Post a Comment